Configure redirection of requests from the Default Web Site to the WebFront application has been requested by several customers with the intention to provide a more friendly URL. This will enable users to access WebFront by typing only the hostname (i.e. http://web5.gridpro.se) and then automatically be redirected to the WebFront application (http://web5.gridpro.se/webfront).
To configure this for Internet Information Server 7 and higher the URL Rewrite 2.0 Module needs to be installed. Please see the steps needed below.
- Download and Run URL Rewrite 2.0 from here
- Click Install
- Click I Accept
- Click Finish
- Click Exit
- Click Start – Administrative Tools - Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- In the left-pane expand <Servername> - Sites and select Default Web Site
- In the center-pane double-click URL Rewrite
- In the right-pane click New Rule(s)…
- Select Inbound rules – Blank rule and click OK
- Configure the Inbound Rule according to above picture
- Click Apply in the upper right-corner
- Close Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Open a Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges
- Run IISReset command
IMPORTANT: When verifying the redirect be sure to clear any browser cookies etc.